- To support people in the social change process, to relieve oppression and to work to bring about social justice.
- To organize training, education, awareness and communication programs for social activists, NGOs and service institutions in order to bring about social change.
- To enhance the quality of development projects by equipping involved personnel with adequate knowledge, orientation, motivation and practical skills.
- To initiate development oriented dialogue between persons from diverse cultures, religions and disciplines in and outside India.
- To network with like-minded institutions and organizations, creating synergies and common action programs.
- To provide a platform for interaction, exchange of ideas and promotion of the message of non-violence and social transformation according to Gandhian principles, among individuals from different walks of life.